Girls outshine boys in Maharashtra Class X exam
Pune: An overall pass percentage of 81.32 was recorded in the results of Class X exam in Maharashtra, where girl students outperformed boys.
The Class X (SSC) examination was conducted by Maharashtra State Board for Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in March and the results were announced on Wednesday.
The girls posted a pass percentage of 82.96, outscoring boys, who registered 79.90 per cent in the state- wide results in which the Konkan division of the SSC board topped with 93.94 per cent of successful candidates.
The Latur division was at the bottom of the division-wise results with a pass percentage of 69.01.
The state pass percentage was estimated to be higher by 5 per cent as against the previous year.
The division-wise results announced by Sarjerao Jadhav, Board Chairman, are as follows: Konkan (93.94%), Pune (90.71%), Kolhapur (89.17%), Mumbai (88.94%), Nashik (77.07%), Nagpur (74.55%), Aurangabad (71.36%), Amaravati (70.07%) and Latur (69.01%).
In Nashik division, a total of 1,80,779 students appeared in the examination, of which 1,39,322 were declared successful. The division comprises four districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule and Nandurbar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis