Girls outshine boys in Maharashtra Class X exam
Pune: An overall pass percentage of 81.32 was recorded in the results of Class X exam in Maharashtra, where girl students outperformed boys.
The Class X (SSC) examination was conducted by Maharashtra State Board for Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in March and the results were announced on Wednesday.
The girls posted a pass percentage of 82.96, outscoring boys, who registered 79.90 per cent in the state- wide results in which the Konkan division of the SSC board topped with 93.94 per cent of successful candidates.
The Latur division was at the bottom of the division-wise results with a pass percentage of 69.01.
The state pass percentage was estimated to be higher by 5 per cent as against the previous year.
The division-wise results announced by Sarjerao Jadhav, Board Chairman, are as follows: Konkan (93.94%), Pune (90.71%), Kolhapur (89.17%), Mumbai (88.94%), Nashik (77.07%), Nagpur (74.55%), Aurangabad (71.36%), Amaravati (70.07%) and Latur (69.01%).
In Nashik division, a total of 1,80,779 students appeared in the examination, of which 1,39,322 were declared successful. The division comprises four districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule and Nandurbar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre