‘Giving too much pocket money will spoil children’
Mumbai: Parents and teachers must play their part in building the character of children and youths, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan said and advised parents against giving too much pocket money to children.
"Giving too much of pocket money to children will spoil them. Give Rs 2 if they ask for 10 and also ask them later how they spent the money," he said, while interacting with a group of children and parents from the `Children`s Club` at Raj Bhawan, on Sunday.
The Club was founded in 1951 to assist the talented poor and middle class children suffering financial difficulties so that they can continue education and become self-reliant in life, an official release said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad