‘Giving too much pocket money will spoil children’
Mumbai: Parents and teachers must play their part in building the character of children and youths, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan said and advised parents against giving too much pocket money to children.
"Giving too much of pocket money to children will spoil them. Give Rs 2 if they ask for 10 and also ask them later how they spent the money," he said, while interacting with a group of children and parents from the `Children`s Club` at Raj Bhawan, on Sunday.
The Club was founded in 1951 to assist the talented poor and middle class children suffering financial difficulties so that they can continue education and become self-reliant in life, an official release said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand