‘Giving too much pocket money will spoil children’
Mumbai: Parents and teachers must play their part in building the character of children and youths, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan said and advised parents against giving too much pocket money to children.
"Giving too much of pocket money to children will spoil them. Give Rs 2 if they ask for 10 and also ask them later how they spent the money," he said, while interacting with a group of children and parents from the `Children`s Club` at Raj Bhawan, on Sunday.
The Club was founded in 1951 to assist the talented poor and middle class children suffering financial difficulties so that they can continue education and become self-reliant in life, an official release said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29