‘Giving too much pocket money will spoil children’
Mumbai: Parents and teachers must play their part in building the character of children and youths, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan said and advised parents against giving too much pocket money to children.
"Giving too much of pocket money to children will spoil them. Give Rs 2 if they ask for 10 and also ask them later how they spent the money," he said, while interacting with a group of children and parents from the `Children`s Club` at Raj Bhawan, on Sunday.
The Club was founded in 1951 to assist the talented poor and middle class children suffering financial difficulties so that they can continue education and become self-reliant in life, an official release said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!