Gondia: Maoist vandalism after explosives haul
Gondia (Maharashtra): Three days after security forces recovered a huge quantity of explosives from the area bordering Chhattisgarh, the CPI(Maoists) went on rampage in the rural parts of the district on Wednesday.
As per reports, the ultras have set afire a village Panchayat office besides blasting a mobile tower.
Naxals are known to have been active in Gondia as the district borders Chhattiisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
Security forces during a search operation conducted on May 13 had recovered 15 kilograms of ammonium nitrate – commonly used by Naxals – buried packed in plastic bags.
The latest acts of vandalism by the Naxals seem to be a result of the success of the forces in recovering the explosives, allegedly belonging to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray