Gondia: Maoist vandalism after explosives haul
Gondia (Maharashtra): Three days after security forces recovered a huge quantity of explosives from the area bordering Chhattisgarh, the CPI(Maoists) went on rampage in the rural parts of the district on Wednesday.
As per reports, the ultras have set afire a village Panchayat office besides blasting a mobile tower.
Naxals are known to have been active in Gondia as the district borders Chhattiisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
Security forces during a search operation conducted on May 13 had recovered 15 kilograms of ammonium nitrate – commonly used by Naxals – buried packed in plastic bags.
The latest acts of vandalism by the Naxals seem to be a result of the success of the forces in recovering the explosives, allegedly belonging to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'