Gondia: Maoist vandalism after explosives haul
Gondia (Maharashtra): Three days after security forces recovered a huge quantity of explosives from the area bordering Chhattisgarh, the CPI(Maoists) went on rampage in the rural parts of the district on Wednesday.
As per reports, the ultras have set afire a village Panchayat office besides blasting a mobile tower.
Naxals are known to have been active in Gondia as the district borders Chhattiisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
Security forces during a search operation conducted on May 13 had recovered 15 kilograms of ammonium nitrate – commonly used by Naxals – buried packed in plastic bags.
The latest acts of vandalism by the Naxals seem to be a result of the success of the forces in recovering the explosives, allegedly belonging to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie