Gondia: Maoist vandalism after explosives haul
Gondia (Maharashtra): Three days after security forces recovered a huge quantity of explosives from the area bordering Chhattisgarh, the CPI(Maoists) went on rampage in the rural parts of the district on Wednesday.
As per reports, the ultras have set afire a village Panchayat office besides blasting a mobile tower.
Naxals are known to have been active in Gondia as the district borders Chhattiisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
Security forces during a search operation conducted on May 13 had recovered 15 kilograms of ammonium nitrate – commonly used by Naxals – buried packed in plastic bags.
The latest acts of vandalism by the Naxals seem to be a result of the success of the forces in recovering the explosives, allegedly belonging to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!