Good if Uddhav, Raj join hands: Rajnath
New Delhi: Amid indications of a patch-up between Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and his cousin and MNS president Raj ahead of the General Elections in 2014, BJP on Thursday said that the coming together of two brothers will hold good for the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Speaking to reporters, BJP national president Rajnath Singh said, “It will be good if the two brothers decide to join hands.”
In his brief address to media, Rajnath Singh parried several questions over who will be the party’s candidate for the prime minister’s post.
Sigh made these remarks shortly after the conclusion of a high-level strategy meeting also attended by the RSS representatives.
The BJP-RSS meet was called to discuss the party`s strategy for the Lok Sabha elections scheduled to be held in 2014.
Besides Singh, party veteran LK Advani and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Bhaiyaji Joshi and Suresh Soni from the RSS attended the meeting.
According to BJP sources, the top leaders discussed the party`s political plan and how to execute it in the months leading up to the Lok Sabha elections.
The meeting also gains significance in the backdrop of growing support to Narendra Modi’s name for the top job even before the party has made a formal announcement in this regard.
This morning, the BJP`s oldest ally the Shiv Sena demanded that the National Democratic Alliance or NDA meet soon to decide who it will project as its candidate for Prime Minister in the Lok Sabha elections.
That comes close on the heels of senior party leaders like Yashwant Sinha and Ram Jethmalani suggesting that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi be named for that role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city