Good job Mumbai Police
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police have arrested a rickshaw puller who was accused of raping a minor. This story might not look unusual to some, but the investigation into the case was.
In 2012, a mentally challenged girl was raped. The police had then lodged the complaint but due to the girl’s mental status, they could not get any support from the victim.
In the process, the police rounded up nearly 100 people for questioning but could not get any clue.
In the meanwhile, in January this year the victim gave birth to a child. This prompted the police to go for a DNA test and while the process was completed, they narrowed down and arrested the culprit - Siraj Abdul Samad Khan, a rickshaw puller and father of seven children.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day