Good job Mumbai Police
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police have arrested a rickshaw puller who was accused of raping a minor. This story might not look unusual to some, but the investigation into the case was.
In 2012, a mentally challenged girl was raped. The police had then lodged the complaint but due to the girl’s mental status, they could not get any support from the victim.
In the process, the police rounded up nearly 100 people for questioning but could not get any clue.
In the meanwhile, in January this year the victim gave birth to a child. This prompted the police to go for a DNA test and while the process was completed, they narrowed down and arrested the culprit - Siraj Abdul Samad Khan, a rickshaw puller and father of seven children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing