Good job Mumbai Police
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police have arrested a rickshaw puller who was accused of raping a minor. This story might not look unusual to some, but the investigation into the case was.
In 2012, a mentally challenged girl was raped. The police had then lodged the complaint but due to the girl’s mental status, they could not get any support from the victim.
In the process, the police rounded up nearly 100 people for questioning but could not get any clue.
In the meanwhile, in January this year the victim gave birth to a child. This prompted the police to go for a DNA test and while the process was completed, they narrowed down and arrested the culprit - Siraj Abdul Samad Khan, a rickshaw puller and father of seven children.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed