Good that Ajit Pawar resigned: Opposition
Mumbai: Opposition parties in Maharashtra Tuesday welcomed deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation in the wake of corruption allegations in irrigation projects saying the truth must come out.
"Be it a court stricture or the CM`s talk of white paper on irrigation, any proper inquiry can`t take place when the minister is in office," state unit BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar said.
"It is good that he has resigned," he said, adding the truth (in the alleged irrigation scam) should come out.
"It was necessary that he resign in wake of several scams. Hope it is not a political stunt. This scam should be probed independently," BJP MLA Devendra Phadanvis said.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray said Ajit Pawar`s resignation was a "nautanki".
NCP MP from Baramati Supriya Sule, however, said she was proud of Ajit Pawar.
"NCP doesn`t want to give political instability to the state. Ajit dada has taken the decision to resign after much thought. I am proud of my brother," she said.
"Ajit Pawar had spoken to me (before he announced the decision", Supriya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days