Good that Ajit Pawar resigned: Opposition
Mumbai: Opposition parties in Maharashtra Tuesday welcomed deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation in the wake of corruption allegations in irrigation projects saying the truth must come out.
"Be it a court stricture or the CM`s talk of white paper on irrigation, any proper inquiry can`t take place when the minister is in office," state unit BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar said.
"It is good that he has resigned," he said, adding the truth (in the alleged irrigation scam) should come out.
"It was necessary that he resign in wake of several scams. Hope it is not a political stunt. This scam should be probed independently," BJP MLA Devendra Phadanvis said.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray said Ajit Pawar`s resignation was a "nautanki".
NCP MP from Baramati Supriya Sule, however, said she was proud of Ajit Pawar.
"NCP doesn`t want to give political instability to the state. Ajit dada has taken the decision to resign after much thought. I am proud of my brother," she said.
"Ajit Pawar had spoken to me (before he announced the decision", Supriya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends