Good that Ajit Pawar resigned: Opposition
Mumbai: Opposition parties in Maharashtra Tuesday welcomed deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation in the wake of corruption allegations in irrigation projects saying the truth must come out.
"Be it a court stricture or the CM`s talk of white paper on irrigation, any proper inquiry can`t take place when the minister is in office," state unit BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar said.
"It is good that he has resigned," he said, adding the truth (in the alleged irrigation scam) should come out.
"It was necessary that he resign in wake of several scams. Hope it is not a political stunt. This scam should be probed independently," BJP MLA Devendra Phadanvis said.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray said Ajit Pawar`s resignation was a "nautanki".
NCP MP from Baramati Supriya Sule, however, said she was proud of Ajit Pawar.
"NCP doesn`t want to give political instability to the state. Ajit dada has taken the decision to resign after much thought. I am proud of my brother," she said.
"Ajit Pawar had spoken to me (before he announced the decision", Supriya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak