Goregaon gang-rape: Three held, teams formed to nab absonding culprits
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Three suspects were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai`s Dindoshi area on November 1.
The accused - Wasim Vatta (21), Yuvraj Pillai (20) and Shivkumar Kalwa (19) - were apprehended from Diva this morning, a senior police official said.
Six youths were involved in the heinous act, cops said, and added that most of them were known to the victim.
The victim, a resident of Goregaon was asked by the rapists to accompany them to a Diwali celebration on Friday night.
On the way, they offered her a cold drink spiked with drugs and drove to a secluded place.
Four of the men took turns to rape her, while two stood guard.
Shocked, the girl kept quiet till Sunday and later narrated the ordeal to her grandmother. Subsequently, the girl along with her grandmother went to Dindoshi Police Station where an FIR was registered on November 3.
Sensing that the girl would approach police, all six accused escaped the area, police said.
On Sunday, the girl, who is an eighth class drop-out, was sent to Bhagwati Hospital where she underwent medical examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries