Goregaon gang-rape: Three held, teams formed to nab absonding culprits
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Three suspects were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai`s Dindoshi area on November 1.
The accused - Wasim Vatta (21), Yuvraj Pillai (20) and Shivkumar Kalwa (19) - were apprehended from Diva this morning, a senior police official said.
Six youths were involved in the heinous act, cops said, and added that most of them were known to the victim.
The victim, a resident of Goregaon was asked by the rapists to accompany them to a Diwali celebration on Friday night.
On the way, they offered her a cold drink spiked with drugs and drove to a secluded place.
Four of the men took turns to rape her, while two stood guard.
Shocked, the girl kept quiet till Sunday and later narrated the ordeal to her grandmother. Subsequently, the girl along with her grandmother went to Dindoshi Police Station where an FIR was registered on November 3.
Sensing that the girl would approach police, all six accused escaped the area, police said.
On Sunday, the girl, who is an eighth class drop-out, was sent to Bhagwati Hospital where she underwent medical examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof