Goregaon gang-rape: Three held, teams formed to nab absonding culprits
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Three suspects were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai`s Dindoshi area on November 1.
The accused - Wasim Vatta (21), Yuvraj Pillai (20) and Shivkumar Kalwa (19) - were apprehended from Diva this morning, a senior police official said.
Six youths were involved in the heinous act, cops said, and added that most of them were known to the victim.
The victim, a resident of Goregaon was asked by the rapists to accompany them to a Diwali celebration on Friday night.
On the way, they offered her a cold drink spiked with drugs and drove to a secluded place.
Four of the men took turns to rape her, while two stood guard.
Shocked, the girl kept quiet till Sunday and later narrated the ordeal to her grandmother. Subsequently, the girl along with her grandmother went to Dindoshi Police Station where an FIR was registered on November 3.
Sensing that the girl would approach police, all six accused escaped the area, police said.
On Sunday, the girl, who is an eighth class drop-out, was sent to Bhagwati Hospital where she underwent medical examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP