Goregaon gang-rape: Three held, teams formed to nab absonding culprits
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Three suspects were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai`s Dindoshi area on November 1.
The accused - Wasim Vatta (21), Yuvraj Pillai (20) and Shivkumar Kalwa (19) - were apprehended from Diva this morning, a senior police official said.
Six youths were involved in the heinous act, cops said, and added that most of them were known to the victim.
The victim, a resident of Goregaon was asked by the rapists to accompany them to a Diwali celebration on Friday night.
On the way, they offered her a cold drink spiked with drugs and drove to a secluded place.
Four of the men took turns to rape her, while two stood guard.
Shocked, the girl kept quiet till Sunday and later narrated the ordeal to her grandmother. Subsequently, the girl along with her grandmother went to Dindoshi Police Station where an FIR was registered on November 3.
Sensing that the girl would approach police, all six accused escaped the area, police said.
On Sunday, the girl, who is an eighth class drop-out, was sent to Bhagwati Hospital where she underwent medical examination, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured