Government being run by corporates: Dasgupta
Mumbai: Criticising the UPA government`s decision to allow Foreign Direct Investment in retail and insurance sectors, senior CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Wednesday alleged that government was being "run" by the corporates.
"Corporates are deciding the policies.... They are running the government," he said, addressing a press conference here.
He announced that national conference of All India Trade Union Congress` (AITUC) would be held in Mumbai from November 27 to 30.
AITUC will organise a massive rally on December 20 near the Parliament to protest policies of the government and to raise various demands, Dasgupta said.
"We want a total change of the economic policies... We want labour laws in SEZs, special laws for the labour in the unorganised sector," he said.
"We are against FDI in retail and insurance. Due to FDI in retail, small shopkeepers will be displaced," the CPI veteran said.
About BJP, he alleged, "BJP too is responsible for corruption. They are partially supporting the government`s decision to allow FDI in retail."
Dasgupta also claimed that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi invited Tatas to his state by offering them undue concessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday