Government being run by corporates: Dasgupta
Mumbai: Criticising the UPA government`s decision to allow Foreign Direct Investment in retail and insurance sectors, senior CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Wednesday alleged that government was being "run" by the corporates.
"Corporates are deciding the policies.... They are running the government," he said, addressing a press conference here.
He announced that national conference of All India Trade Union Congress` (AITUC) would be held in Mumbai from November 27 to 30.
AITUC will organise a massive rally on December 20 near the Parliament to protest policies of the government and to raise various demands, Dasgupta said.
"We want a total change of the economic policies... We want labour laws in SEZs, special laws for the labour in the unorganised sector," he said.
"We are against FDI in retail and insurance. Due to FDI in retail, small shopkeepers will be displaced," the CPI veteran said.
About BJP, he alleged, "BJP too is responsible for corruption. They are partially supporting the government`s decision to allow FDI in retail."
Dasgupta also claimed that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi invited Tatas to his state by offering them undue concessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves