Governor cancels I-Day reception
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has cancelled the Independence Day `At Home` reception organised by him tomorrow evening at Pune`s Raj Bhavan following the death of Union Minister and former Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
The Governor will hoist the National Flag at Council Hall in Pune as scheduled at 9 am tomorrow, a release said.
Meanwhile, Republican Party of India has also called off its `jail bharo` agitation of August 16 over the demand of Indu mill land for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai.
The agitation was being called off due to Deshmukh`s death, and also the Chief Minister`s assurance of arranging a meeting with the Prime Minister, RPI spokesperson Arjun Dangle said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price