Govt doesn`t want dance bars to shut down: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray on Saturday said, reacting to the Supreme Court`s ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. May be that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II