Govt doesn`t want dance bars to shut down: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray on Saturday said, reacting to the Supreme Court`s ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. May be that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?