Govt doesn`t want dance bars to shut down: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray on Saturday said, reacting to the Supreme Court`s ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. May be that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube