Govt doesn`t want dance bars to shut down: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray on Saturday said, reacting to the Supreme Court`s ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. May be that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read