Govt Pleader booked for passing comments against woman cop
Thane: City police on Tuesday booked a District Government Pleader for allegedly misbehaving with a female Police Inspector and passing objectionable comments at her.
The Government Pleader has been was booked under IPC Sections 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (words, gesture or acts intended to insult the modesty of woman) on a complaint lodged by the officer, police said.
The woman police officer is attached to the Thane unit of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
The incident occurred on March 1 when the Inspector, who is Investigating Officer in a graft case against Corporators of Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation, was in a Special Court set up under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the complainant, the Government Pleader allegedly misbehaved with her and passed certain comments which amounted to lowering the dignity of a woman. It was alleged that he also yelled at her for not arresting the accused in the case and asked her to meet him in his chamber.
Later, when she met him in the chamber of her senior, the Government Pleader apologised to her, the complaint said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?