Govt promises stern penal action against acid-attack culprit
Mumbai: The accused in the lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha murder case today filed a bail application in the sessions court, contending that there was no evidence against him.
Sajjad Mughal (22), a native of Jammu and Kashmir who was employed as a security guard at `Himalayan Heights` in suburban Wadala, killed Pallavi inside her flat on August 9 last year after she resisted his advances, according to the police.
"We have filed a bail application as there is no evidence against him," said his lawyer Wahab Khan.
The court, on February 4, dropped the charge of attempt to rape against Moghul.
The court today asked the prosecution to file a reply to his bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi