Govt promises stern penal action against acid-attack culprit
Mumbai: The accused in the lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha murder case today filed a bail application in the sessions court, contending that there was no evidence against him.
Sajjad Mughal (22), a native of Jammu and Kashmir who was employed as a security guard at `Himalayan Heights` in suburban Wadala, killed Pallavi inside her flat on August 9 last year after she resisted his advances, according to the police.
"We have filed a bail application as there is no evidence against him," said his lawyer Wahab Khan.
The court, on February 4, dropped the charge of attempt to rape against Moghul.
The court today asked the prosecution to file a reply to his bail application.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district