Govt promises stern penal action against acid-attack culprit
Mumbai: The accused in the lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha murder case today filed a bail application in the sessions court, contending that there was no evidence against him.
Sajjad Mughal (22), a native of Jammu and Kashmir who was employed as a security guard at `Himalayan Heights` in suburban Wadala, killed Pallavi inside her flat on August 9 last year after she resisted his advances, according to the police.
"We have filed a bail application as there is no evidence against him," said his lawyer Wahab Khan.
The court, on February 4, dropped the charge of attempt to rape against Moghul.
The court today asked the prosecution to file a reply to his bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez