Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government on Thursday
announced that the compensation for those injured in the July
13 triple bomb blasts here has been revised upwardly.
"Those who have suffered permanent disability in the
blasts would get Rs 3 lakh, inpatients Rs 1 lakh and
outpatients Rs 10, 000," an official release said here.
A days after the explosions, Chief Minister Prithviraj
Chavan had announced, in the presence of Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram, compensation of Rs five lakh each to the families
of those killed and Rs 50,000 each to the injured.
He had also said the government will bear all the
medical expenses of the victims.
"So far, Rs 60 lakh has been disbursed to the kin of
12 of the 20 people killed in the blasts. Also, Rs 76 lakh has
been given to 94 of the 130 injured," the release said.
This amount is besides the compensation from the Prime
Minister`s Relief Fund - Rs 2 lakh each for the kin of those
killed and Rs 1 lakh per injured person. The process of
disbursing this assistance was on, the release added.