Govt schools not providing quality education: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP and the daughter of Union
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Supriya Sule, has conceded
that government schools in Maharashtra are not providing
"Quality education in schools is the need of the hour.
Education in the state is going through a difficult phase,
especially in Zilla Parishad schools," the Baramati MP said.
NCP is a partner in the ruling coalition in the state;
however the school education portfolio is held by Congress`s
Talking to reporters here yesterday about her recent
visit to tribal-dominated Melghat area, infamous for the
malnutrition deaths, Sule said the situation was worse there.
"I don`t think the students go to the schools there
(Melghat). One sees complete black-out in the classrooms," she
said, adding that standard of education provided in those
schools was below par.
She had written to the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
in this regard, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Top six excuses man gives to REJECT woman’s proposal
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees