Govt schools not providing quality education: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP and the daughter of Union
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Supriya Sule, has conceded
that government schools in Maharashtra are not providing
"Quality education in schools is the need of the hour.
Education in the state is going through a difficult phase,
especially in Zilla Parishad schools," the Baramati MP said.
NCP is a partner in the ruling coalition in the state;
however the school education portfolio is held by Congress`s
Talking to reporters here yesterday about her recent
visit to tribal-dominated Melghat area, infamous for the
malnutrition deaths, Sule said the situation was worse there.
"I don`t think the students go to the schools there
(Melghat). One sees complete black-out in the classrooms," she
said, adding that standard of education provided in those
schools was below par.
She had written to the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
in this regard, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS