Govt schools not providing quality education: Sule
Mumbai: NCP MP and the daughter of Union
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Supriya Sule, has conceded
that government schools in Maharashtra are not providing
"Quality education in schools is the need of the hour.
Education in the state is going through a difficult phase,
especially in Zilla Parishad schools," the Baramati MP said.
NCP is a partner in the ruling coalition in the state;
however the school education portfolio is held by Congress`s
Talking to reporters here yesterday about her recent
visit to tribal-dominated Melghat area, infamous for the
malnutrition deaths, Sule said the situation was worse there.
"I don`t think the students go to the schools there
(Melghat). One sees complete black-out in the classrooms," she
said, adding that standard of education provided in those
schools was below par.
She had written to the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
in this regard, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months