Govt should have struck off Khan`s name from list: Lawyer
Mumbai: The lawyer of Feroz Rashid Khan,
an accused in 1993 blasts cases, has expressed surprise over
his inclusion in India`s `50 most wanted` fugitives list
despite being lodged in the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai.
"After all, why did they not check things out before
issuing the list to Pakistan? His name should have been struck
off the list," Farahana Shah said expressing her amazement
over the inclusion of Khan`s name at 24th place in the list,
which was made public recently.
"I am his lawyer and he is an undertrial in the 1993
serial blast case," she said.
The CBI website describes Khan as a fugitive carrying
a reward of Rs two lakh.
Khan was arrested on February 7 last year after
allegedly travelling abroad on passports obtained using forged
Khan (51), was arrested from Koparkhairane in Navi
Mumbai where he was staying under fictitious name of
Ferozuddin Shaikh. He allegedly played a key role in landing
and distributing the explosives and ammunition, which were
used during the blasts, at Kandalgoan creek.
According to CBI, Khan had confessed to his role in
the blasts after which he travelled to Karachi in year 1997
"Khan is currently lodged in Arthur Road jail (Mumbai
Central Prison)," said Surinder Kumar, Inspector General
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
declined to comment on the gaffe, which has caused a huge
embarrassment to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda