`Govt should set up board for school edu among BPL Muslims`
Nagpur: City-based Dr Zakir Hussain Vichar Manch has demanded that the Mahatashtra government should set up an exclusive board to promote primary and high school education among below-poverty line (BPL) Muslims.
"Even the Sachar Commission has pointed out that Muslims are the most backward community in terms of education," national convener of the Manch, Haider Dosani, in a letter to the Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan said here today.
Since the government is promoting education among the downtrodden, Muslims should also get the benefit, he said suggesting that the board could be named `Muslim Education Promotion Board`.
The board would help the students from BPL Muslim families get admission to private schools and provide financial aid to them and the government should provide a separate budget for the board, Dosani, former member of the All India Handloom Board, said.
"The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions is already working for the higher education of the minorities and a separate board for primary and high school education would go a long way in improving the condition of the minority community, Dosani said.
The letter further says that he was only suggesting a way to make an educationally backward community join the mainstream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar