`Govt should set up board for school edu among BPL Muslims`
Nagpur: City-based Dr Zakir Hussain Vichar Manch has demanded that the Mahatashtra government should set up an exclusive board to promote primary and high school education among below-poverty line (BPL) Muslims.
"Even the Sachar Commission has pointed out that Muslims are the most backward community in terms of education," national convener of the Manch, Haider Dosani, in a letter to the Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan said here today.
Since the government is promoting education among the downtrodden, Muslims should also get the benefit, he said suggesting that the board could be named `Muslim Education Promotion Board`.
The board would help the students from BPL Muslim families get admission to private schools and provide financial aid to them and the government should provide a separate budget for the board, Dosani, former member of the All India Handloom Board, said.
"The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions is already working for the higher education of the minorities and a separate board for primary and high school education would go a long way in improving the condition of the minority community, Dosani said.
The letter further says that he was only suggesting a way to make an educationally backward community join the mainstream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?