Govt to probe allotment of MHADA flats to legislators
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government will
conduct an enquiry to ascertain whether present and former
legislators were allotted MHADA flats in violation of the rule
that bars those already possessing houses in Mumbai from
applying for government accommodation.
"We will enquire if any minister or legislator has
been allotted flats in MHADA HIG scheme in suburban Mumbai
despite their possessing a house in the city," Minister of
State for Housing, Sachin Ahir said.
The government will issue show cause notices to those
found guilty, Ahir said.
The Minister`s statement comes a day after the
government called off a ceremony where the allottees were to
be handed over keys to the flats by Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan and his deputy Chhagan Bhujbal.
Media reports have alleged that several among the 200
odd sitting and former legislators and ministers, who were
allotted flats in a housing society in Versova by state housing body MHADA, already had houses in Mumbai.
rules prohibit those already possessing houses in the city
from applying for flats built by the state government
The reports said that the allotments could be
cancelled if the allotee legislators or their spouses had
houses in their names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP