Govt to probe allotment of MHADA flats to legislators
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government will
conduct an enquiry to ascertain whether present and former
legislators were allotted MHADA flats in violation of the rule
that bars those already possessing houses in Mumbai from
applying for government accommodation.
"We will enquire if any minister or legislator has
been allotted flats in MHADA HIG scheme in suburban Mumbai
despite their possessing a house in the city," Minister of
State for Housing, Sachin Ahir said.
The government will issue show cause notices to those
found guilty, Ahir said.
The Minister`s statement comes a day after the
government called off a ceremony where the allottees were to
be handed over keys to the flats by Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan and his deputy Chhagan Bhujbal.
Media reports have alleged that several among the 200
odd sitting and former legislators and ministers, who were
allotted flats in a housing society in Versova by state housing body MHADA, already had houses in Mumbai.
rules prohibit those already possessing houses in the city
from applying for flats built by the state government
The reports said that the allotments could be
cancelled if the allotee legislators or their spouses had
houses in their names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal