Govt to probe allotment of MHADA flats to legislators
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government will
conduct an enquiry to ascertain whether present and former
legislators were allotted MHADA flats in violation of the rule
that bars those already possessing houses in Mumbai from
applying for government accommodation.
"We will enquire if any minister or legislator has
been allotted flats in MHADA HIG scheme in suburban Mumbai
despite their possessing a house in the city," Minister of
State for Housing, Sachin Ahir said.
The government will issue show cause notices to those
found guilty, Ahir said.
The Minister`s statement comes a day after the
government called off a ceremony where the allottees were to
be handed over keys to the flats by Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan and his deputy Chhagan Bhujbal.
Media reports have alleged that several among the 200
odd sitting and former legislators and ministers, who were
allotted flats in a housing society in Versova by state housing body MHADA, already had houses in Mumbai.
rules prohibit those already possessing houses in the city
from applying for flats built by the state government
The reports said that the allotments could be
cancelled if the allotee legislators or their spouses had
houses in their names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145