Govt will have to pay for suspending MLAs: Uddhav
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Saturday said the
Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra will have to pay a
"heavy price" for suspending nine opposition MLAs from the
"The Congress-led government will have to pay this time
heavily for suspending our (Shiv Sena-BJP) MLAs," Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray said in party mouthpiece
`Saamana` on Saturday.
"The government, which suspended opposition MLAs without
any strong grounds, is not going to be in power forever.
Governments change...Congress-NCP should keep this in mind,"
Uddhav was quoted as saying by the paper.
The Sena leader criticised the "high-handedness" of
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. "Who is calling the shots,
Pawar or Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan?" he asked.
Nine MLAs of the saffron alliance have been suspended for
disrupting the budget presentation by Ajit Pawar on Wednesday.
Defending them, Uddhav said the protest over allocation
of funds would be intensified from Monday. "We will not sit
quiet. The government is biased in allocating funds to
legislators from opposition parties. We will intensify the
protest until all the MLAs are given equal share," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow