`Govt/local bodies offices on 82 Wakf lands in Maharashtra`
Mumbai: It has come to the notice that there are government, semi-government and local bodies offices on 82 Wakf lands in Maharashtra, the state Legislative Council was informed here on Friday.
"There are large-scale encroachments on Wakf land in the state. There are government, semi-government, local bodies offices on 82 Wakf lands, including 18 in Aurangabad, 8 in Jalna, 5 in Parbhani, 14 in Nanded, 7 in Osmanabad and 30 in Latur district," Minorities Affairs Minister Naseem Khan said.
He was responding to a calling-attention notice by Neelam Gorhe (Shiv Sena).
Gorhe alleged that there were encroachments on almost 60 percent of the total Wakf land in Maharashtra.
The number of employees of state Wakf Board was being raised to ensure maintenance of Wakf properties, the minister said.
Ashish Shelar (BJP) raised a query regarding the transfer of Wakf land, where the `Antilia` building (the house of Mukesh Ambani) on Altamount Road is located.
The minister, however, said that the issue should be raised separately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack
- CLP leader Narayanasamy meets Kiran Bedi, stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!