‘Group behind Mumbai 13/7 blasts identified’
Mumbai: In a possible breakthrough in the July 13 Mumbai blasts case, Maharashtra Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) has identified the group responsible for the terror attack.
Maharashtra DGP Ajit Parasnis, Saturday, confirmed that some progress has been made by investigating agencies in the blasts case, which killed 21 and left scores injured.
However, the DGP declined to name the group saying that there are still some loose ends that need to be tied up.
On July 13, three blasts had rocked Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabutarkhana.
Earlier this month, the Maharashtra ATS in a joint operation with their Gujarat counterparts had arrested one suspect – Yusuf from Limbayat area of Surat city.
Reports suggested that Yusuf’s phone was under surveillance after the blasts and during the probe it was found that he was talking to certain people in Maharashtra and Kerala about the blasts, following which his movements were kept under watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video