‘Group behind Mumbai 13/7 blasts identified’
Mumbai: In a possible breakthrough in the July 13 Mumbai blasts case, Maharashtra Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) has identified the group responsible for the terror attack.
Maharashtra DGP Ajit Parasnis, Saturday, confirmed that some progress has been made by investigating agencies in the blasts case, which killed 21 and left scores injured.
However, the DGP declined to name the group saying that there are still some loose ends that need to be tied up.
On July 13, three blasts had rocked Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabutarkhana.
Earlier this month, the Maharashtra ATS in a joint operation with their Gujarat counterparts had arrested one suspect – Yusuf from Limbayat area of Surat city.
Reports suggested that Yusuf’s phone was under surveillance after the blasts and during the probe it was found that he was talking to certain people in Maharashtra and Kerala about the blasts, following which his movements were kept under watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation