Grover murder case: Defence cross examines prosecution witness
Mumbai: The trial in the sensational Neeraj
Grover murder case continued today with prime accused Maria
Susairaj`s new lawyer cross examining a prosecution witness,
who had accompanied police and the accused to the spot where
Grover`s body was disposed off.
Susairaj`s lawyers Sudeep Pasbola and Acharya Murthy
withdrew from the case after the panch witness Usha Ramalu
alleged that she was threatened not to depose in the case at
Subsequently Susairaj appointed advocate Sharif Shaikh as
Shaikh today asked Ramalu about her political affiliation
and political activity.
Ramalu told the court that she was an active member of
the RPI and was also Special Executive Officer (SEO). "As the
SEO, I am authorised to conduct test identification parades in
jails and also record dying declarations," she said.
Ramalu had identified Susairaj as the one who lead the
police to Manori jungles in the outskirts of the city from
where Grover`s burnt skull, rib cage and leg bones were
Kannada actress Susairaj and her naval officer fiance
Emile Jerome Mathew are accused of allegedly murdering
television executive Neeraj Grover on May 7 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!