Grover murder case: Jerome`s security tightened
Mumbai: Security for naval officer Emile
Jerome Mathew, arrested in the sensational Neeraj Grover
murder case, has been increased after an information was
received that he might attempt to flee from custody.
Jerome and his Kannada actress fiancee Marai Susairaj
were arrested in May 2008 for allegedly murdering Synergy
Adlabs creative head Neeraj Grover after a feud.
Jerome`s security was increased from three constables
to eight including two armed constables after the public
prosecutor in the case received an anonymous call yesterday
claiming that the naval officer might attempt to flee from
"The caller said Jerome is trying to take the help of
the constables who escort him to the sessions court for the
hearing of the case and is planning to flee," prosecutor R V
Kini then intimidated crime branch officials who in turn
informed Arthur Road jailer Rajendra Dhamane following which
Jerome`s escort was increased.
According to the prosecution, Grover was murdered on May
8, 2008 at Susairaj`s house in suburban Malad following a
fight between the two arrested accused and the victim.
The duo had allegedly cut Grover`s body in to several
pieces before disposing it off at nearby Manor jungles in the
outskirts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says