Grover murder: HC admits Jerome`s appeal
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court Friday admitted
an appeal filed by former naval officer Emile Jerome, challenging the 10-year sentence awarded to him for the murder of media professional Neeraj Grover.
Justice R C Chavan admitted Jerome`s appeal and kept his
bail hearing after two weeks.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government informed the court
that it would be filing an appeal next week seeking
enhancement of punishment for both Jerome and his Kannada
actress fiancé Maria Susairaj.
While Jerome was convicted under charges of culpable
homicide not amounting to murder, Susairaj was sentenced to
three years imprisonment on a lesser charge of destruction of
Jerome in his appeal blamed Susairaj for the murder of
"That motive, if any, was with Susairaj for committing the offence and not with him," the appeal said.
It further stated that prosecution had not been able to
ascertain the time of Grover`s death and hence it cannot be
ruled out that Grover was already dead when Jerome landed in
According to the prosecution, Grover was stabbed to death
by Jerome and Susairaj at her flat on May 7, 2008 following a
fight. The duo then allegedly chopped his body into pieces and
disposed it off at Manor jungle in the outskirts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat