Guard confesses killing Mumbai lawyer Pallavi after rape attempt
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police have cracked the shocking murder of young advocate Pallavi Purkayastha within 24 hours on Friday.
Sajjad Pathan, the guard at the housing society in Wadala where she lived with a live-in partner, has confessed to having killed her after a failed rape attempt.
Pathan said that he killed Pallavi as she had repeatedly rebuffed his advances and also publicly humiliated him a few days back.
Reports suggest that Pathan somehow got to know that Pallavi’s live-in partner Avik Sengupta would not return on Wednesday night, leaving her alone in her house.
Working on a plan, Pathan switched off the power supply to her flat and went upstairs and told her that he can fix the problem.
Initially, Pallavi didn’t open the door but when Pathan said he is a good electrician and can solve the problem she opened the door.
But Pathan had other intentions. He tried to rape Pallavi, when she resisted, he stabbed her many times and slit her throat and left the flat.
Pallavi Purkayastha, whose IAS parents stay in Delhi, was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat (number 1601) on sixteenth floor of Himalayan Heights building on Thursday morning by Sengupta, who is also a lawyer by profession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia