Guard confesses killing Mumbai lawyer Pallavi after rape attempt
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police have cracked the shocking murder of young advocate Pallavi Purkayastha within 24 hours on Friday.
Sajjad Pathan, the guard at the housing society in Wadala where she lived with a live-in partner, has confessed to having killed her after a failed rape attempt.
Pathan said that he killed Pallavi as she had repeatedly rebuffed his advances and also publicly humiliated him a few days back.
Reports suggest that Pathan somehow got to know that Pallavi’s live-in partner Avik Sengupta would not return on Wednesday night, leaving her alone in her house.
Working on a plan, Pathan switched off the power supply to her flat and went upstairs and told her that he can fix the problem.
Initially, Pallavi didn’t open the door but when Pathan said he is a good electrician and can solve the problem she opened the door.
But Pathan had other intentions. He tried to rape Pallavi, when she resisted, he stabbed her many times and slit her throat and left the flat.
Pallavi Purkayastha, whose IAS parents stay in Delhi, was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat (number 1601) on sixteenth floor of Himalayan Heights building on Thursday morning by Sengupta, who is also a lawyer by profession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam