Gupta fake encounter: Court issues NBW against 7 policemen
Mumbai: A Sessions Court here today issued
non-bailable warrants against seven policemen, wanted in the
alleged fake encounter of Ramnarayan Gupta, a suspected aide
of gangster Chhota Rajan.
Principal Judge of the sessions court M L Tahiliyani
issued the non-bailable warrants against the seven policemen,
including two inspectors, who were allegedly part of the
encounter team led by senior inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi
which gunned down Gupta alias Lakhan Bhaiyya on November 11,
2006 at suburban Versova.
The seven policemen are - inspectors Dilip Palande and
Arvind Tarwankar, sub-inspectors Ananda Patade and Ganesh
Hartude and constables Prakash Kadam, Prakash Kokam and
The matter will be heard next on July 12.
Suryavanshi and encounter-specialist Pradeep Sharma had
been arrested in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents