Gupta fake encounter: Court issues NBW against 7 policemen
Mumbai: A Sessions Court here today issued
non-bailable warrants against seven policemen, wanted in the
alleged fake encounter of Ramnarayan Gupta, a suspected aide
of gangster Chhota Rajan.
Principal Judge of the sessions court M L Tahiliyani
issued the non-bailable warrants against the seven policemen,
including two inspectors, who were allegedly part of the
encounter team led by senior inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi
which gunned down Gupta alias Lakhan Bhaiyya on November 11,
2006 at suburban Versova.
The seven policemen are - inspectors Dilip Palande and
Arvind Tarwankar, sub-inspectors Ananda Patade and Ganesh
Hartude and constables Prakash Kadam, Prakash Kokam and
The matter will be heard next on July 12.
Suryavanshi and encounter-specialist Pradeep Sharma had
been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM