Gupta fake encounter: Court issues NBW against 7 policemen
Mumbai: A Sessions Court here today issued
non-bailable warrants against seven policemen, wanted in the
alleged fake encounter of Ramnarayan Gupta, a suspected aide
of gangster Chhota Rajan.
Principal Judge of the sessions court M L Tahiliyani
issued the non-bailable warrants against the seven policemen,
including two inspectors, who were allegedly part of the
encounter team led by senior inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi
which gunned down Gupta alias Lakhan Bhaiyya on November 11,
2006 at suburban Versova.
The seven policemen are - inspectors Dilip Palande and
Arvind Tarwankar, sub-inspectors Ananda Patade and Ganesh
Hartude and constables Prakash Kadam, Prakash Kokam and
The matter will be heard next on July 12.
Suryavanshi and encounter-specialist Pradeep Sharma had
been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign