Gupta fake encounter: Court issues NBW against 7 policemen
Mumbai: A Sessions Court here today issued
non-bailable warrants against seven policemen, wanted in the
alleged fake encounter of Ramnarayan Gupta, a suspected aide
of gangster Chhota Rajan.
Principal Judge of the sessions court M L Tahiliyani
issued the non-bailable warrants against the seven policemen,
including two inspectors, who were allegedly part of the
encounter team led by senior inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi
which gunned down Gupta alias Lakhan Bhaiyya on November 11,
2006 at suburban Versova.
The seven policemen are - inspectors Dilip Palande and
Arvind Tarwankar, sub-inspectors Ananda Patade and Ganesh
Hartude and constables Prakash Kadam, Prakash Kokam and
The matter will be heard next on July 12.
Suryavanshi and encounter-specialist Pradeep Sharma had
been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends