Gurudas Kamat`s kin runs over 3-yr-old in Mumbai; arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl was on Monday night run over and killed here by a car allegedly being driven by the son of former Congress Corporator Sameer Desai, who is senior Congress leader Gurudas Kamat`s nephew.
The accused driver, 19-year-old Raunak Desai, was caught by the crowd and later arrested by the Mumbai police.
The incident took place when the three-year-old girl, identified as Lado Gupta, was crossing the road with her family in Goregaon.
The girl died on the spot following which Raunak surrendered before the Goregaon Police and was placed under arrest.
Raunak has been booked under Section 304 (A) of the Indian Penal Code of IPC.
Assistant Police Inspector Sudhakar Ramchandra Dubey told reporters, "This incident happened in Prem Nagar area which is a congested area. The girl came under the car. We have seized the car and sent the boy for a medical test."
Police are awaiting the girl`s autopsy reports and also the medical report of Raunak to ascertain whether it is a case of drunk driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss