Gurudas Kamat`s kin runs over 3-yr-old in Mumbai; arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl was on Monday night run over and killed here by a car allegedly being driven by the son of former Congress Corporator Sameer Desai, who is senior Congress leader Gurudas Kamat`s nephew.
The accused driver, 19-year-old Raunak Desai, was caught by the crowd and later arrested by the Mumbai police.
The incident took place when the three-year-old girl, identified as Lado Gupta, was crossing the road with her family in Goregaon.
The girl died on the spot following which Raunak surrendered before the Goregaon Police and was placed under arrest.
Raunak has been booked under Section 304 (A) of the Indian Penal Code of IPC.
Assistant Police Inspector Sudhakar Ramchandra Dubey told reporters, "This incident happened in Prem Nagar area which is a congested area. The girl came under the car. We have seized the car and sent the boy for a medical test."
Police are awaiting the girl`s autopsy reports and also the medical report of Raunak to ascertain whether it is a case of drunk driving.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!