Gurudas Kamat`s kin runs over 3-yr-old in Mumbai; arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl was on Monday night run over and killed here by a car allegedly being driven by the son of former Congress Corporator Sameer Desai, who is senior Congress leader Gurudas Kamat`s nephew.
The accused driver, 19-year-old Raunak Desai, was caught by the crowd and later arrested by the Mumbai police.
The incident took place when the three-year-old girl, identified as Lado Gupta, was crossing the road with her family in Goregaon.
The girl died on the spot following which Raunak surrendered before the Goregaon Police and was placed under arrest.
Raunak has been booked under Section 304 (A) of the Indian Penal Code of IPC.
Assistant Police Inspector Sudhakar Ramchandra Dubey told reporters, "This incident happened in Prem Nagar area which is a congested area. The girl came under the car. We have seized the car and sent the boy for a medical test."
Police are awaiting the girl`s autopsy reports and also the medical report of Raunak to ascertain whether it is a case of drunk driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof