Gurudas Kamat`s kin runs over 3-yr-old in Mumbai; arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl was on Monday night run over and killed here by a car allegedly being driven by the son of former Congress Corporator Sameer Desai, who is senior Congress leader Gurudas Kamat`s nephew.
The accused driver, 19-year-old Raunak Desai, was caught by the crowd and later arrested by the Mumbai police.
The incident took place when the three-year-old girl, identified as Lado Gupta, was crossing the road with her family in Goregaon.
The girl died on the spot following which Raunak surrendered before the Goregaon Police and was placed under arrest.
Raunak has been booked under Section 304 (A) of the Indian Penal Code of IPC.
Assistant Police Inspector Sudhakar Ramchandra Dubey told reporters, "This incident happened in Prem Nagar area which is a congested area. The girl came under the car. We have seized the car and sent the boy for a medical test."
Police are awaiting the girl`s autopsy reports and also the medical report of Raunak to ascertain whether it is a case of drunk driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla