H1N1 claims eight lives in Pune
Pune: Eight persons including a 10-month-old
baby, have died of swine flu here in the last two days, taking
the toll due to the viral infection in the city to 331 since
August last year, health officials said Thursday.
Pune civic medical officer R Pardeshi said the
transmission rate of the infection had been showing an upward
trend in the last few days and people needed to take proper
precautions to prevent and treat the disease.
At the screening centres, 46 persons tested positive for
the virus yesterday.
The Maharashtra government has not yet issued any
advisory regarding mass administration of anti-swine flu
vaccines that have hit markets, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion