H1N1 claims eight lives in Pune
Pune: Eight persons including a 10-month-old
baby, have died of swine flu here in the last two days, taking
the toll due to the viral infection in the city to 331 since
August last year, health officials said Thursday.
Pune civic medical officer R Pardeshi said the
transmission rate of the infection had been showing an upward
trend in the last few days and people needed to take proper
precautions to prevent and treat the disease.
At the screening centres, 46 persons tested positive for
the virus yesterday.
The Maharashtra government has not yet issued any
advisory regarding mass administration of anti-swine flu
vaccines that have hit markets, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'