Hamid Karzai meets Maha Governor, CM
Mumbai: Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai on Friday met Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan at the Raj Bhavan here.
Karzai arrived in Mumbai today on the first leg of his four-day visit to India.
Besides the Governor and the Chief Minister, state health minister Suresh Shetty also held a meeting with Karzai.
Later, the Governor hosted a dinner for the Afghan President where former cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar, singer Hariharan and Bollywood sound engineer Resul Pookutty were also present.
Tomorrow, Karzai will participate in a FICCI-CII event and on Sunday will leave for Delhi in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch