Hand over flat keys in 72 hrs: MCGM to Campa Cola residents
Mumbai: The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) today directed the residents of the illegal flats in Worli`s Campa Cola compound to hand over the keys to their flats to the civic body or face "legal action".
The residents in question have failed to hand over possession of their illegally-built flats despite orders of Supreme Court, MCGM said in a notice here.
"As the period granted by Supreme Court has already expired, you are hereby once again called upon to quit and vacate the premises in your occupation/possession along with your belongings within 72 hours... And deliver peaceful possession to MCGM in order (that it may) carry out the directions of Supreme court," MCGM said.
It further said that the keys would be collected between 10.30 A.M. And 5 P.M. From June 10 to June 12 in the chamber of the Assistant Engineer of G Ward.
"In the event of the failure to hand over the keys along with physical possession, further legal action will be taken against you," the notice said.
As many as 96 flats in the Campa Cola compound were built illegally in the early 1980s. Supreme Court has refused to grant any relief to the residents of these flats, who are opposing the demolition of the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city