`Harit Maharashtra` campaign to be launched today
Mumbai: As part of the ambitious initiative of forest conservation, `Harit Maharashtra` campaign will be launched in 12,000 gram sabhas across Maharashtra on Sunday on the occasion of Republic Day.
The initiative will be launched in all the Joint Forest Management (JMF) villages and all forest guards will attend the gram sabhas in the presence of the respective district guardian ministers, local MLAs and NGOs.
The campaign will launch `Shram Dan` for natural resources, water conservation, distribution of LPG and milch animals to JFM members, passing of resolution by gram sabha regarding plan of the JMF committees and stopping new encroachments, fire, involving NGOs to speak on the need for conservation of forests and wildlife.
The deputy conservator of forests and chief conservator of forests would also attend some gram sabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!