`Harit Maharashtra` campaign to be launched today
Mumbai: As part of the ambitious initiative of forest conservation, `Harit Maharashtra` campaign will be launched in 12,000 gram sabhas across Maharashtra on Sunday on the occasion of Republic Day.
The initiative will be launched in all the Joint Forest Management (JMF) villages and all forest guards will attend the gram sabhas in the presence of the respective district guardian ministers, local MLAs and NGOs.
The campaign will launch `Shram Dan` for natural resources, water conservation, distribution of LPG and milch animals to JFM members, passing of resolution by gram sabha regarding plan of the JMF committees and stopping new encroachments, fire, involving NGOs to speak on the need for conservation of forests and wildlife.
The deputy conservator of forests and chief conservator of forests would also attend some gram sabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously
- Ketan Mehta awaits 'official' word on heading India's Oscar jury