`Harit Maharashtra` campaign to be launched today
Mumbai: As part of the ambitious initiative of forest conservation, `Harit Maharashtra` campaign will be launched in 12,000 gram sabhas across Maharashtra on Sunday on the occasion of Republic Day.
The initiative will be launched in all the Joint Forest Management (JMF) villages and all forest guards will attend the gram sabhas in the presence of the respective district guardian ministers, local MLAs and NGOs.
The campaign will launch `Shram Dan` for natural resources, water conservation, distribution of LPG and milch animals to JFM members, passing of resolution by gram sabha regarding plan of the JMF committees and stopping new encroachments, fire, involving NGOs to speak on the need for conservation of forests and wildlife.
The deputy conservator of forests and chief conservator of forests would also attend some gram sabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption