`Harit Maharashtra` campaign to be launched today
Mumbai: As part of the ambitious initiative of forest conservation, `Harit Maharashtra` campaign will be launched in 12,000 gram sabhas across Maharashtra on Sunday on the occasion of Republic Day.
The initiative will be launched in all the Joint Forest Management (JMF) villages and all forest guards will attend the gram sabhas in the presence of the respective district guardian ministers, local MLAs and NGOs.
The campaign will launch `Shram Dan` for natural resources, water conservation, distribution of LPG and milch animals to JFM members, passing of resolution by gram sabha regarding plan of the JMF committees and stopping new encroachments, fire, involving NGOs to speak on the need for conservation of forests and wildlife.
The deputy conservator of forests and chief conservator of forests would also attend some gram sabhas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference