`Harit Maharashtra` campaign to be launched today
Mumbai: As part of the ambitious initiative of forest conservation, `Harit Maharashtra` campaign will be launched in 12,000 gram sabhas across Maharashtra on Sunday on the occasion of Republic Day.
The initiative will be launched in all the Joint Forest Management (JMF) villages and all forest guards will attend the gram sabhas in the presence of the respective district guardian ministers, local MLAs and NGOs.
The campaign will launch `Shram Dan` for natural resources, water conservation, distribution of LPG and milch animals to JFM members, passing of resolution by gram sabha regarding plan of the JMF committees and stopping new encroachments, fire, involving NGOs to speak on the need for conservation of forests and wildlife.
The deputy conservator of forests and chief conservator of forests would also attend some gram sabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur