Hasan Ali had political connections, says co-accused Tapuriah
Mumbai: Hasan Ali Khan had connections
with several political bigwigs, including union ministers, MPs
and a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, Kashinath
Tapuriah, a co-accused of the Pune stud farm owner in the
money laundering case, has told the Enforcement Directorate.
The hawala operator, arrested for money laundering,
had "intimate relations" with an actor-turned-MP and had
wangled a diamond worth Rs 1.2 crore from Tapuriah which he
proposed to gift to a former woman union minister.
These claims have been made by Tapuriah, a Kolkata
businessman, to ED under oath on March 31. The proceedings
were video-recorded in accordance with a Supreme Court
directive and form part of the charge sheet filed in the
case on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS