Hasan Ali had political connections, says co-accused Tapuriah
Mumbai: Hasan Ali Khan had connections
with several political bigwigs, including union ministers, MPs
and a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, Kashinath
Tapuriah, a co-accused of the Pune stud farm owner in the
money laundering case, has told the Enforcement Directorate.
The hawala operator, arrested for money laundering,
had "intimate relations" with an actor-turned-MP and had
wangled a diamond worth Rs 1.2 crore from Tapuriah which he
proposed to gift to a former woman union minister.
These claims have been made by Tapuriah, a Kolkata
businessman, to ED under oath on March 31. The proceedings
were video-recorded in accordance with a Supreme Court
directive and form part of the charge sheet filed in the
case on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder