Hasan Ali had political connections, says co-accused Tapuriah
Mumbai: Hasan Ali Khan had connections
with several political bigwigs, including union ministers, MPs
and a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, Kashinath
Tapuriah, a co-accused of the Pune stud farm owner in the
money laundering case, has told the Enforcement Directorate.
The hawala operator, arrested for money laundering,
had "intimate relations" with an actor-turned-MP and had
wangled a diamond worth Rs 1.2 crore from Tapuriah which he
proposed to gift to a former woman union minister.
These claims have been made by Tapuriah, a Kolkata
businessman, to ED under oath on March 31. The proceedings
were video-recorded in accordance with a Supreme Court
directive and form part of the charge sheet filed in the
case on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kashmir unrest: 7-member committee to explore alternatives to pellet guns
- Govt must protect central bank's independence: Raghuram Rajan
- CAG picks holes in coal mines auction by NDA govt
- TCS, Infosys in Forbes 'Super 50' list; Tata Motors, HUL dropped
- Satpal Singh fumes at his name being dragged in doping controversy surrounding Narsingh Yadav