Hasan Ali had political connections, says co-accused Tapuriah
Mumbai: Hasan Ali Khan had connections
with several political bigwigs, including union ministers, MPs
and a former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, Kashinath
Tapuriah, a co-accused of the Pune stud farm owner in the
money laundering case, has told the Enforcement Directorate.
The hawala operator, arrested for money laundering,
had "intimate relations" with an actor-turned-MP and had
wangled a diamond worth Rs 1.2 crore from Tapuriah which he
proposed to gift to a former woman union minister.
These claims have been made by Tapuriah, a Kolkata
businessman, to ED under oath on March 31. The proceedings
were video-recorded in accordance with a Supreme Court
directive and form part of the charge sheet filed in the
case on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon