Hasan Ali`s wife moves court against proceedings
Mumbai: Pune-based Stud farm owner Hasan Ali
Khan`s wife Rheema Khan on Wednesday moved an application before the
special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court
seeking quashing of the proceedings initiated against her.
Hasan Ali Khan is accused of stashing away black money in
foreign banks besides tax evasion.
In her application, Rheema pleaded she sought to quash
proceedings initiated against her after she did not reply to
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) alleged that Khan
and Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah had
laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks, of which a
large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale of weapons
to international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
Tapuriah had also allegedly helped Khan in scurrying some
contracts for supply of scrap to some top steel companies.
Khan is facing the charge of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks with the help of Tapuriah.
He is also facing charges for evading tax to the tune
of Rs 70,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously