Hasan Ali`s wife moves court against proceedings
Mumbai: Pune-based Stud farm owner Hasan Ali
Khan`s wife Rheema Khan on Wednesday moved an application before the
special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court
seeking quashing of the proceedings initiated against her.
Hasan Ali Khan is accused of stashing away black money in
foreign banks besides tax evasion.
In her application, Rheema pleaded she sought to quash
proceedings initiated against her after she did not reply to
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) alleged that Khan
and Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah had
laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks, of which a
large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale of weapons
to international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
Tapuriah had also allegedly helped Khan in scurrying some
contracts for supply of scrap to some top steel companies.
Khan is facing the charge of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks with the help of Tapuriah.
He is also facing charges for evading tax to the tune
of Rs 70,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?