Hasan Ali`s wife moves court against proceedings
Mumbai: Pune-based Stud farm owner Hasan Ali
Khan`s wife Rheema Khan on Wednesday moved an application before the
special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court
seeking quashing of the proceedings initiated against her.
Hasan Ali Khan is accused of stashing away black money in
foreign banks besides tax evasion.
In her application, Rheema pleaded she sought to quash
proceedings initiated against her after she did not reply to
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) alleged that Khan
and Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah had
laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks, of which a
large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale of weapons
to international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
Tapuriah had also allegedly helped Khan in scurrying some
contracts for supply of scrap to some top steel companies.
Khan is facing the charge of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks with the help of Tapuriah.
He is also facing charges for evading tax to the tune
of Rs 70,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital