Hasan`s plea for pvt hospital treatment rejected
Mumbai: The special Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA) court on Thursday rejected the application
filed by Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, seeking
treatment in a private hospital.
However, the court directed the jail authorities to take
care of Khan and provide him necessary treatment at the
government-run JJ hospital here.
Khan had filed the application last month.
In another development, Hyderabad police today approached
the Mumbai court, seeking Khan`s custody in a fake passport
case registered in Hyderabad.
"They have filed an application with the production
warrant issued by a Hyderabad magistrate and the hearing on it
will be on December 15," said Khan`s lawyer, advocate IA
Khan, accused of stashing billions of dollars overseas,
is facing trial in the Mumbai court under PMLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO
- Russia facing Rio Olympic, Paralympic ban