Hate speech case: Court to record statements against MNS chief
New Delhi: A court here has fixed June 29
for recording testimonies of five Delhi-based lawyers who have
filed a complaint against MNS chief Raj Thackeray for
allegedly making inflammatory remarks.
Metropolitan Magistrate Pritam Singh, to whom the
case was recently transferred by Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate Ajay Pandey, would record the statements of the
five complainants including Ashish Rai.
The case against the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief
was filed on February 10.
The complaint seeks prosecution of Raj under various
provisions of IPC dealing with attempting to wage war against
the nation, promoting enmity between classes and making
statements against national integration and public peace.
Citing newspaper clippings, the complaint alleged the
leader, in his public speech at Dombiwali in Thane, had said
"if demand for separate Maharashtra arises, I will not be
Besides Rai, advocates Durgesh Rai, S K Singh,
Amrendra Singh and Tej Narain are the co-complainants.
"The said utterances have invoked a sense of hatred
among the members of the society," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in