Hazare complains of fatigue, undergoes medical tests
Nashik: Anna Hazare, who reached here as part of his tour of Maharashtra on the Lokpal issue, on Wednesday complained of fatigue and weakness and underwent a series of medical tests at two local hospitals.
According to Hazare`s aide, the condition of the 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader is now stable and he is resting at a government circuit house in the city.
The Gandhian was taken to hospital after he arrived here this morning from Dhule town. His state-wide tour on the Lokayukta Bill issue began on May 1.
He was first taken to Saibaba Heart Institute and Research Centre located in the heart of the city and was examined by doctors.
"Doctors at Saibaba Heart Institute checked Hazare`s blood pressure and later conducted two other medical tests on him. An echocardiogram test was also carried out. He was later taken to Vinchurkar Hospital for a CT scan," a hospital source said.
P B Karanjkar, president of the Nashik unit of Bhratachar Virodhi Andolan told PTI that Hazare was taking rest at a government circuit house here.
In January, Hazare had been hospitalised for a week, which had forced him to call off his tour of five-poll-bound states.
Hazare is scheduled to address a public meeting here tomorrow evening, Karanjkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report