Hazare complains of fatigue, undergoes medical tests
Nashik: Anna Hazare, who reached here as part of his tour of Maharashtra on the Lokpal issue, on Wednesday complained of fatigue and weakness and underwent a series of medical tests at two local hospitals.
According to Hazare`s aide, the condition of the 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader is now stable and he is resting at a government circuit house in the city.
The Gandhian was taken to hospital after he arrived here this morning from Dhule town. His state-wide tour on the Lokayukta Bill issue began on May 1.
He was first taken to Saibaba Heart Institute and Research Centre located in the heart of the city and was examined by doctors.
"Doctors at Saibaba Heart Institute checked Hazare`s blood pressure and later conducted two other medical tests on him. An echocardiogram test was also carried out. He was later taken to Vinchurkar Hospital for a CT scan," a hospital source said.
P B Karanjkar, president of the Nashik unit of Bhratachar Virodhi Andolan told PTI that Hazare was taking rest at a government circuit house here.
In January, Hazare had been hospitalised for a week, which had forced him to call off his tour of five-poll-bound states.
Hazare is scheduled to address a public meeting here tomorrow evening, Karanjkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why
- Jhakaas! Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan impresses Salman Khan—See how
- Gold at over two-year high as Britan votes to exit EU
- UN strongly condemns latest North Korean missile launches
- Delhi: BJP, Cong attack AAP govt for hiring PR firm