Hazare complains of fatigue, undergoes medical tests
Nashik: Anna Hazare, who reached here as part of his tour of Maharashtra on the Lokpal issue, on Wednesday complained of fatigue and weakness and underwent a series of medical tests at two local hospitals.
According to Hazare`s aide, the condition of the 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader is now stable and he is resting at a government circuit house in the city.
The Gandhian was taken to hospital after he arrived here this morning from Dhule town. His state-wide tour on the Lokayukta Bill issue began on May 1.
He was first taken to Saibaba Heart Institute and Research Centre located in the heart of the city and was examined by doctors.
"Doctors at Saibaba Heart Institute checked Hazare`s blood pressure and later conducted two other medical tests on him. An echocardiogram test was also carried out. He was later taken to Vinchurkar Hospital for a CT scan," a hospital source said.
P B Karanjkar, president of the Nashik unit of Bhratachar Virodhi Andolan told PTI that Hazare was taking rest at a government circuit house here.
In January, Hazare had been hospitalised for a week, which had forced him to call off his tour of five-poll-bound states.
Hazare is scheduled to address a public meeting here tomorrow evening, Karanjkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa