Hazare complains of fatigue, undergoes medical tests
Nashik: Anna Hazare, who reached here as part of his tour of Maharashtra on the Lokpal issue, on Wednesday complained of fatigue and weakness and underwent a series of medical tests at two local hospitals.
According to Hazare`s aide, the condition of the 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader is now stable and he is resting at a government circuit house in the city.
The Gandhian was taken to hospital after he arrived here this morning from Dhule town. His state-wide tour on the Lokayukta Bill issue began on May 1.
He was first taken to Saibaba Heart Institute and Research Centre located in the heart of the city and was examined by doctors.
"Doctors at Saibaba Heart Institute checked Hazare`s blood pressure and later conducted two other medical tests on him. An echocardiogram test was also carried out. He was later taken to Vinchurkar Hospital for a CT scan," a hospital source said.
P B Karanjkar, president of the Nashik unit of Bhratachar Virodhi Andolan told PTI that Hazare was taking rest at a government circuit house here.
In January, Hazare had been hospitalised for a week, which had forced him to call off his tour of five-poll-bound states.
Hazare is scheduled to address a public meeting here tomorrow evening, Karanjkar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference