Hazare gets acknowledgement of letter written to Sonia
Ahmednagar: Activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday received an acknowledgement of the letter he had written to Congress president Sonia Gandhi on December 2 about the passage of Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"It is only the acknowledgement of Anna`s letter," said Hazare`s personal secretary Datta Awari tonight.
The Gandhian today began his indefinite hunger strike at Ralegan Siddhi village in the district for immediate passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill, saying the government must keep its word on the issue.
Meanwhile, MP and president of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna Raju Shetty has sent a letter announcing "total and active" support to Hazare`s movement for Jan Lokpal Bill.
Also, more than 200 organisations have sent in their letters of support for Hazare, Awari said.
"On the first day of Hazare`s fast, his supporters held demonstrations in front of district collectorates and tehsil offices in Maharashtra," Awari said.
He informed that volunteers will give letters, appealing MPs to throw their weight behind the Jan Lokpal Bill to ensure its passage in the winter session of Parliament.
Awari also informed that former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is likely to reach Ralegan Siddhi tomorrow to meet Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'