Hazare gets acknowledgement of letter written to Sonia
Ahmednagar: Activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday received an acknowledgement of the letter he had written to Congress president Sonia Gandhi on December 2 about the passage of Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"It is only the acknowledgement of Anna`s letter," said Hazare`s personal secretary Datta Awari tonight.
The Gandhian today began his indefinite hunger strike at Ralegan Siddhi village in the district for immediate passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill, saying the government must keep its word on the issue.
Meanwhile, MP and president of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna Raju Shetty has sent a letter announcing "total and active" support to Hazare`s movement for Jan Lokpal Bill.
Also, more than 200 organisations have sent in their letters of support for Hazare, Awari said.
"On the first day of Hazare`s fast, his supporters held demonstrations in front of district collectorates and tehsil offices in Maharashtra," Awari said.
He informed that volunteers will give letters, appealing MPs to throw their weight behind the Jan Lokpal Bill to ensure its passage in the winter session of Parliament.
Awari also informed that former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is likely to reach Ralegan Siddhi tomorrow to meet Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why