Hazare murder plot case: Padamsinh remanded in one-day custody
Latur: NCP MP Padamsinh Patil was on Monday
remanded in one-day police custody by a local court here in
the murder plot case involving social activist Anna Hazare.
Patil, who was remanded in judicial custody from November
24 to December 8 in the same case earlier, had been
hospitalised since then.
Judicial Magistrate First Class, Abhijeet Kulkarni
remanded him police in one-day custody after Patil was
produced before him on being discharged from hospital, as
Monday was the last day of NCP leader`s judicial remand.
The CID appealed the court that they should be given
Patil`s custody as the evidence and statement of the accused
are to be recorded in the plot hatched to kill Hazare.
Hazare had lodged a complaint with Parner police on
September 25 accusing Patil of plotting to murder him. The
case was transferred to MIDC Latur police station for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror