Hazare to file defamation suit over `wrong` notice to Trust
Mumbai: Noted social activist Anna Hazare has
decided to file a defamation suit over a notice sent by the
office of the Charity Commissioner of Pune to his NGO Hind
The move comes after the Assistant Charity Commissioner`s
office apologised to Hazare in a letter, saying the notice was
"It is a mystery to me why the notice was sent in the
first place," Hazare told reporters at Ralegan Siddhi in
"I enquired into the issue and was told that the Trust
has been following all norms," the anti-corruption crusader
Hazare`s advocate confirmed that defamation suit will
be filed against concerned official.
The Charity Commissioner has asked the Trust to file
its stand on why he may not file a case for non-compliance of
submitting complete audited reports.
This was after the `National Anti-corruption Public
Power` approached the Charity Commissioner and alleged that
the Trust borrowed Rs 5 lakh in 2008-09 and kept Rs 50 lakh as
fixed deposits and owned property worth Rs 23.49 lakh and that
it did not mention this in the report to the Commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'