Hazare to file defamation suit over `wrong` notice to Trust
Mumbai: Noted social activist Anna Hazare has
decided to file a defamation suit over a notice sent by the
office of the Charity Commissioner of Pune to his NGO Hind
The move comes after the Assistant Charity Commissioner`s
office apologised to Hazare in a letter, saying the notice was
"It is a mystery to me why the notice was sent in the
first place," Hazare told reporters at Ralegan Siddhi in
"I enquired into the issue and was told that the Trust
has been following all norms," the anti-corruption crusader
Hazare`s advocate confirmed that defamation suit will
be filed against concerned official.
The Charity Commissioner has asked the Trust to file
its stand on why he may not file a case for non-compliance of
submitting complete audited reports.
This was after the `National Anti-corruption Public
Power` approached the Charity Commissioner and alleged that
the Trust borrowed Rs 5 lakh in 2008-09 and kept Rs 50 lakh as
fixed deposits and owned property worth Rs 23.49 lakh and that
it did not mention this in the report to the Commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad