Hazare to get Rs 25 lakh for rural development
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare will
receive an award for his contribution to rural development, at
a function in Delhi on February 23.
The award, instituted by a Delhi-based organisation,
carries a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh and citation, Hazare`s aide
Datta Awari told PTI from Ralegan Siddhi.
"Anna will attend the Team Anna core committee meeting in
Delhi on February 22," Awari said.
Hazare returned to his native village Ralegan Siddhi on
Saturday with core committee member Arvind Kejriwal, after
taking ayurvedic treatment at a hospital in Bangalore for
persistent cough, backache and swelling on hands and feet.
He had left Ralegan Siddhi on January 29 and went to a
Gurgaon hospital for a thorough check-up, after which he went
to Bangalore on January 31 and was there till Saturday.
Awari said Hazare has been advised regular walks, and he
has been going around the village, inspecting ongoing work on
ITI building and is also meeting villagers.
Yesterday, Hazare met activist Banda Maharaj Karadkar and
discussed the issue of toll charges on state roads. Hazare has
been a vocal opponent of the toll policy, saying people were
being charged fee for badly built roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how