Hazare to get Rs 25 lakh for rural development
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare will
receive an award for his contribution to rural development, at
a function in Delhi on February 23.
The award, instituted by a Delhi-based organisation,
carries a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh and citation, Hazare`s aide
Datta Awari told PTI from Ralegan Siddhi.
"Anna will attend the Team Anna core committee meeting in
Delhi on February 22," Awari said.
Hazare returned to his native village Ralegan Siddhi on
Saturday with core committee member Arvind Kejriwal, after
taking ayurvedic treatment at a hospital in Bangalore for
persistent cough, backache and swelling on hands and feet.
He had left Ralegan Siddhi on January 29 and went to a
Gurgaon hospital for a thorough check-up, after which he went
to Bangalore on January 31 and was there till Saturday.
Awari said Hazare has been advised regular walks, and he
has been going around the village, inspecting ongoing work on
ITI building and is also meeting villagers.
Yesterday, Hazare met activist Banda Maharaj Karadkar and
discussed the issue of toll charges on state roads. Hazare has
been a vocal opponent of the toll policy, saying people were
being charged fee for badly built roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical