Hazare took contract to defame me: Padamsinh
Latur: Suspended NCP leader Padmasinh Patil
on Sunday said that noted social worker Anna Hazare, who has
accused the MP of plotting to kill him, has taken a "supari"
(contract) to defame him.
"Hazare has taken a supari (contract) to defame me. It is
a conspiracy to finish my political career," Padamsinh,
released on bail in the 2006 Pawanraje Nimbalkar murder case,
told reporters. "I will campaign for the NCP," he added.
Hazare began an indefinite hunger strike at his village
Ralegansiddhi in Ahmednagar district on October 2 demanding
action against Padmasinh Patil, who he alleged, plotted to
"I have so far launched agitations against several
political parties but no other party is as dangerous as Sharad
Pawar`s NCP," Hazare said.
Besides Padamsinh, Hazare is also demanding immediate
action against state minister Nawab Malik and former ministers
Suresh Jain and Vijaykumar Gavit all of whom were found guilty
of corruption and maladministration by the P B Sawant
Hazare said the Commission submitted its report on
February 23, 2005 but no action has been taken against them
The Commission was appointed by the state government on
September 1, 2003 following an indefinite hunger strike by
Hazare who had levelled the corruption charges.
All four had tendered their resignations after the
enquiry report was made public.
"Instead of taking action, Malik was made a minister
again while Padamsinh was given a ticket for Lok Sabha," he
said. Padamsinh got elected from Osmanabad.
Saying he was against giving cabinet berths to relatives
of ministers found guilty by the Commission, Hazare said "It
shows that the politicians consider cabinet berths as their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note