Hazare took contract to defame me: Padamsinh
Latur: Suspended NCP leader Padmasinh Patil
on Sunday said that noted social worker Anna Hazare, who has
accused the MP of plotting to kill him, has taken a "supari"
(contract) to defame him.
"Hazare has taken a supari (contract) to defame me. It is
a conspiracy to finish my political career," Padamsinh,
released on bail in the 2006 Pawanraje Nimbalkar murder case,
told reporters. "I will campaign for the NCP," he added.
Hazare began an indefinite hunger strike at his village
Ralegansiddhi in Ahmednagar district on October 2 demanding
action against Padmasinh Patil, who he alleged, plotted to
"I have so far launched agitations against several
political parties but no other party is as dangerous as Sharad
Pawar`s NCP," Hazare said.
Besides Padamsinh, Hazare is also demanding immediate
action against state minister Nawab Malik and former ministers
Suresh Jain and Vijaykumar Gavit all of whom were found guilty
of corruption and maladministration by the P B Sawant
Hazare said the Commission submitted its report on
February 23, 2005 but no action has been taken against them
The Commission was appointed by the state government on
September 1, 2003 following an indefinite hunger strike by
Hazare who had levelled the corruption charges.
All four had tendered their resignations after the
enquiry report was made public.
"Instead of taking action, Malik was made a minister
again while Padamsinh was given a ticket for Lok Sabha," he
said. Padamsinh got elected from Osmanabad.
Saying he was against giving cabinet berths to relatives
of ministers found guilty by the Commission, Hazare said "It
shows that the politicians consider cabinet berths as their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi