Hazare writes letter to PM on Lavasa project irregularities
Ahmednagar: Veteran Gandhian and anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh regarding the irregularities in the Lavasa project near Pune.
"Builders, politicians and ministers have cheated poor tribes for Lavasa. The rules made for the protection of environment have been violated," Hazare told a news agency.
Narayan Rane, Minister of Revenue, is trying to regularise the project because it is alleged that the daughter and son-in-law of Sharad Pawar are partners in Lavasa, he
Hazare also said that he would observe hunger strike on November 11 protesting the irregularities in Lavasa project and will also return the Padmabhushan award conferred upon him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list