Hazare writes letter to PM on Lavasa project irregularities
Ahmednagar: Veteran Gandhian and anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh regarding the irregularities in the Lavasa project near Pune.
"Builders, politicians and ministers have cheated poor tribes for Lavasa. The rules made for the protection of environment have been violated," Hazare told a news agency.
Narayan Rane, Minister of Revenue, is trying to regularise the project because it is alleged that the daughter and son-in-law of Sharad Pawar are partners in Lavasa, he
Hazare also said that he would observe hunger strike on November 11 protesting the irregularities in Lavasa project and will also return the Padmabhushan award conferred upon him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble