Hazare`s police complaint, says Padamsingh trying to kill him
Mumbai: The trouble for suspended NCP leader Padamsingh Patil, an accused of murdering Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar, is far from over as social activist Anna Hazare has filed a complaint against Patil for conspiring to eliminate him.
Hazare filed the complaint with the Parner police in
Ahmednagar on the basis of confessional statement of Parasmal
Jain, an accused in the Nimbalkar murder case now in jail.
"Jain in his statement before a magistrate said that
Patil had offered him a `suapri` (contract killing sum) to
kill me," Hazare told a news agency.
Incidentally, Patil, who was arrested on June 6 this
year, was granted bail by a sessions court in Alibag
Hazare, however, said that he has been appealing to the
state government to lodge a separate FIR against Patil for
conspiring to murder him.
"The government has not taken any action in this regard
so I decided to lodge a complaint myself," the anti-corruption
Jain, in his confession had said that Patil had paid a
sum of Rs 30 lakh to murder Nimbalkar, and also offered him
money to kill Hazare, as he was exposing the corruption in the
NCP leader`s sugar factory business.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed