HC asks magistrate to hear defamation case filed by Rane
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday directed a magistrate court to hear and decide the defamation case filed by Congress leader Narayan Rane against Shiv Sena mouthpiece `Saamna` and its editor Sanjay Raut within a month.
Justice M L Tahaliyani was hearing a petition filed by Raut and the paper seeking quashing of the proceedings initiated against them by the magistrate in Kankavli area of Ratnagiri district.
Raut`s lawyer argued that Rane never appears in the magistrate court and seeks exemptions and adjournments due to which the case has dragged on for seven years.
Rane had filed the defamation case in 2006 after an article was printed in `Saamna` alleging corruption by him and that he had a criminal background.
Justice Tahaliyani today directed the magistrate to hear and decide the case within a month.
The magistrate will have to hear the case on a day to day basis, the high court directed observing that no extension will be given.
The high court disposed of Raut`s petition.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict