HC asks Maha govt to give list of unrecognised schools in state
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday directed the Maharashtra government to furnish a list of unrecognised schools in the state following a PIL that claimed that there were 43 illegal schools in Solapur district.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice A V Mohta was hearing a petition filed by social worker Rajendra Patil seeking action against the 43 illegal schools in Solapur and also against several other such schools across the state.
Government counsel Nitin Deshpande informed the court that the Director of Education has been asked by the government to inquire into the matter.
The high court then directed the government to file an affidavit by April 15 along with a list of those schools running without following norms.
Patil`s petition states that in spite of having written letters to the education authorities in the district and state last year, no action has been initiated yet.
Petitioner`s lawyer Machindra Patil said that there are thousands of such bogus schools in the state being run with the help of political connections.
The petition states that the parents and guardians of the students of such schools have been kept in the dark about no permissions taken to run the schools thereby playing fraud on the students and their parents.
The state government has laid down norms and guidelines for opening recognised schools. However, the schools named in the RTI list have not followed any such norms, the petition states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?