Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court today
directed the Mumbai ATS to submit entries made by it in the
concerned register while taking away witness Dilip Patidar in
connection with the Malegaon blast.
Patidar was taken away by Mumbai ATS in November 2008
after which he never returned to his house prompting his
brother Ramswaroop Patidar to file an habeas corpus petition
in the high court.
The directions in this regard were given by the division
bench of Justice N K Modi and Justice I S Shrivastava after
going through the report of the Indore Police regarding
Patidar who has gone missing, Advocate Bhuvan Deshmukh,
representing Patidar in the court, told reporters.
The bench had earlier directed the Indore Police to find
out Patidar following which it submitted a report in the high
court that despite its efforts, it failed to locate him.
Besides directing ATS to file a report of the entry into
the concerned register (Roznamcha), the court also directed
the Indore Police to continue searching for Patidar, he said.
ATS officials had earlier informed the court that
Patidar went with them on his own to record his statement on
the issue of Malegaon blast and at that time he was also ready
to give a statement in the concerned court in Maharashtra.
After this the ATS officials asked him to come back
with his identity proof following which he left the ATS office
on November 18, 2008, and never returned.