HC continues stay to film opposed by Asaram Bapu`s followers
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Wednesday
continued the stay to the release of the film `Swaha`, which
allegedly has a character based on the life of spiritual
leader Asaram Bapu.
City-based `Asaram Mahila Utthan Ashram`, a trust which
looks after administration of various Ashrams of the Asaram
Bapu, has filed an appeal in the High Court after lower court
dismissed its application.
While dismissing the trust`s plea last month, sessions
court had continued the interim stay to the release of the
film so that the trust could file appeal, said advocate Anjani
Kumar Singh, its lawyer.
Vacation judge of the High Court, Justice Rajesh Ketkar,
today continued the interim stay, and adjourned the hearing on
appeal till June 9.
According to the trust, the leading character in the
film, directed by Pravin Bharadwaj, resembles Asaram Bapu, and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest