HC issues notice to Maha Revenue Minister Narayan Rane
Nagpur: The Nagpur bench of Bombay High Court has issued a notice to Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane for allegedly helping a city-based industrialist grabbing a plot of land illegally.
A single judge bench of Justice Bhushan Dharmadhikari responding to a writ petition, on Friday asked Rane along with Revenue Secretary, Forest Secretary and Managing partner of a local distillery company, Aspi Bapuna to reply to the notice within two weeks.
The Nagpur bench of the High Court also directed the state government not to implement any orders passed by the concerned minister related to the petition till pendency.
The petitioner Shailendra Sahu and his brother, who jointly own a Nazul land in Indora in northern part of city, had been alloted the land on lease by the then Central Province and Berar Government (CP & Berar) in March 1942.
The agreement was renewed till 2008.
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award