HC notices to Maha EC over rejection of poll nomination
Nagpur: The Nagpur bench of the Bombay High Court Wednesday issued notices to state Election Commission and returning officer of Nagpur Lok Sabha constituency over rejection of nomination papers filed by a TMC candidate.
A division bench of Justice Bhushan Dharmadhikari and Justice P R Bora, issued notices on a petition filed by Uttam Mendhe who is contesting on Trinamool Congress ticket.
His nomination was rejected on the ground of not submitting a list of 10 proposers, including their names and signatures, along with the nomination papers.
The notice is returnable by March 28, said Mendhe`s counsel Anil Kilor.
Nagpur, going to polls on April 10, is witnessing a three-cornered fight with former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Congress` sitting MP Vilas Muttemwar and AAP`s Anjali Damania in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi