HC refuses to pass order on NIA plea for Pune blast footage
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday refused to direct Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) to provide copy of the CCTV footage of 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), saying it would deal with the issue later.
The division bench of justices V K Tahilramani and Mridula Bhatkar was hearing an application filed by NIA seeking the footage.
The court said it would consider NIA`s prayer later, as it would start hearing the appeal filed by lone convict in the case, Himayat Mirza Baig, against the death penalty awarded to him by Pune court from August 8.
"We will consider NIA`s application at a later stage," the court said.
On February 13, 2010 a bomb exploded at German Bakery in Pune`s upmarket Koregaon Park, killing 17 persons including five foreigners and injuring 58.
The case was first with ATS, later NIA took over the probe. According to the central agency, the footage obtained by ATS shows the bomb being planted inside the bakery by Yasin Bhatkal, alleged founder of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen.
NIA told the court that the footage would provide clues regarding the planter and to also identify witnesses who would have seen him.
In April this year, the sessions court in Pune awarded death penalty to Baig, after convicting him under Indian Penal Code, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act and Explosives Act.
According to the chargesheet filed by the ATS, five others -- Fayyaz Kagzi, Yasin Bhatkal, Iqbal Bhatkal, Riyaz Bhatkal and Mohsin Chaudhari -- are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt